Thursday, January 11, 2007

Coffee and Generosity

Once again I find myself bored witless and desperate for any sort of mental distraction when the cell phone rings;

"Honey, it's me. Are you at the Coffee House?"
"Of course where else ."
"Great! I am at the mall at Bigtown. I just saw a beautiful winter coat. It's absolutely gorgeous!! Can I buy it?"
"What's the price?"
"Only $499."
"Well, OK, go ahead and get it, if you like it that much..."
"Ahhh, and I also stopped by the jewelry store, remember that eternity ring that I liked? Well it has been reduced, do you think that I could get it as well?”
"What price did he give you?"
"Only $2,999...""OK, but for that price I want it with the three year warranty."
"Great! But before we hang up, something else..."
"What?"
"It might look like a lot, but I was reconciling your bank account and...I stopped by the Ford dealership this morning and saw 2007 Mustang that we had looked at last year. It's on sale!! Remember? The one with a 6 disc CD and the metallic baby blue paint job"
"How much are they asking?"
"Only $23,900 - a great price...and I see that you have that much in the bank to cover..."
"Well, then go ahead and buy it, but offer $22,900. OK?"
"OK, sweetie...Thanks! I'll see you later!! I love you!!!"
"Bye...I do too..."

I hang up, close the phone's flap, and call across the shop “Did anyone leave a cell phone by the cash register?"

I truly am the Coffee Bitch from Hell.

TCB

No comments: