Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Coffee and the Donkey

Why I love the South (part II)
When we moved to Smalltown we ended up in the country with a little land. We thought it would be kind of fun to get a donkey for the paddock so we bought one from an old local farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day, he drove up and said, "Sorry Bitch, but I have some bad news. The donkey died." I replied, "Well then, just give me my money back." The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already." (These people can be very careful with their money). So I replied, "Okay then, just unload the dead donkey."

The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him"? to which I replied, "I'm going to raffle him off." "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!" the farmer says. "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead." I said with a smile.

A month later the farmer came into the Coffee House and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey"? "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a profit of $898.00." "Didn't anyone complain"? the farmer asked.

"Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

Coffee Bitch 1 : RoW 0

No comments: