Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Coffee and the moral dilemma

From time to time one of my prettiest young customers comes in for a latte and some fruit. As I am slowly outing myself with this blog I shall make every effort to protect her identity (and my freedom). She is a Cute, Hot, Exceptionally Ravishing Young Lady and that spells Cheryl, so Cheryl she shall be.

Yesterday afternoon Cheryl popped in and ordered a take out skinny latte for herself and full-blooded mocha for a friend. No problem for a Coffee Bitch of my talents so within 3 minutes she had the finest espresso drinks money can buy and I had pocketed $6.70 plus sales tax plus meal tax plus tip, sweet. After she had departed I started to clean the espresso machine (and let me tell you people one of the secrets to great espresso is cleanliness) when I discovered to my horror that the little espresso pitcher was still full of coffee. Oh double deluxe crap. I had served a weak steamed chocolate drink with whipped cream and sprinkles. There was one repeat order that wasn’t going to happen. Fearing for my gonads I decided not to tell the boss and pretend it never happened.

Today Cheryl is back. She buys her fruit cup, orders another skinny and unbelievably says that she needs another mocha just like the last one as her friend enjoyed it so much.

So here is the moral dilemma. Should I continue to roof up Cheryl’s lattes?

(For those of a more sheltered upbringing, click here to get an explanation of roofing).

Yours in ecstasy
TCB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would recommend using 1/2 the normal amount of espresso and ease her into reality. ;-)

Now -- DID you roof it up?

BTW -- TERRIFIC cappuccino and lunch today!