Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Coffee and the Internet part II

Well I did say that I would report the activities of the new ISP and begrudgingly I have to say that they done good (as we say in the south). The techie turned up at the appointed hour and after a quick look, let me know what a nightmare installation this was going to be. I hardly endeared myself to him by replying, “Not for me it isn’t, and have a nice trip to the roof “. As a slight aside have you ever noticed that nothing is a problem for the salesman (aka worthless order taker) and yet the poor old techie grunts and sweats for a living. It has always struck me that the lowest of salesmen is always held in higher esteem that the most competent of techies, one of life’s mysteries. So now I have a wireless broadband and hats off to the local boys it works. The only downside (and there always is one) is that I only want customers using this thing, so it has to be secured. Now why can’t Microsoft give me a package that allows me to enter a simple password that I can change every other day. Oh no this is a 26-character login that has to be typed twice and you can’t even paste it. Still at least I am assured that no one can skank any of my broadband.

Oh happy surfing

TCB

No comments: