Thursday, July 05, 2007

Coffee and the 4th

Listen up people, you are going to have to stop asking if I enjoyed the 4th. Of course I didn’t. I am English, we lost you insensitive clods. Asking me if I enjoyed the 4th is akin to asking Mrs. Lincoln if she enjoyed the play so knock if off.

Actually one of my customers (and you know who you are) had the audacity to ask if the English celebrate Independence Day. Natch I replied, “We sure do, we call it thanksgiving”.

As it happens I had a very nice day as the Sci Fi channel had a marathon of the Twilight Zone and those were the days when you colonials could make television programs. It was also better than last year, check it out. Is it really over a year since I started this nonsense?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is possible that England, by losing, got the best end of the deal.

Will England take us back? Taxation WITH representation ain't working as well as we'd hoped.