Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Coffee and (de) Construction



Directly opposite our little slice of caffeine heaven is a funny looking building that has been empty for the longest time. It was rumored that it was to be demolished but nothing ever seemed to happen. Then this morning a monstrous machine and its baby brother were parked on the sidewalk so it looked like we were set to go. As this looked like it was to be my only intellectual stimulation for the morning (what with Bertie failing to appear) I thought I might sit in the window taking a few snaps. The backhoe wriggled itself into position and extended its bucket. As it reached out a small amount of debris fell out of the bucket and showered a lady who was walking out of the front door.




Now I am the first to admit that what I know about building demolition can be written on a postage stamp and still leave room for the US Constitution but in my opinion, and I could be wrong here, the first thing that you want to do before sending a shanty off to building Valhalla is to make sure that it is unoccupied.



Still as we say here in Kissbotty County all’s well that ends. The building came down and there was no loss of life. All in all rather a disappointing day really.




No comments: