Friday, June 08, 2007

Coffee and Cake

Yesterday the Boss cooked a strawberry cheesecake. Actually I am not sure that cooked is the correct term, in fact I have no idea how one makes cheesecake. My theory is that it is far safer for me to keep as large a distance between me and the kitchen as possible. Anyhow she really surpassed herself and this thing was a piece de resistance. I would like to report on how it tasted but apparently I have put on a couple of ounces since we opened the shop and as a result I am now banned from all the pastries, isn’t life cruel, temptation beyond endurance.
So in the afternoon one of the court officials spots the cake and after a few moments of indecision gives in and purchases a slice for her and her daughter to share. When her daughter saw it she apparently said “To hell with sharing” and rushed over to get her own slice, which she took back to the sheriff’s office. A few moments later our trusty trustee turned up and as you know I am morbidly fascinated by his “career”. Well he said “You got cheesecake; man I haven’t had cheesecake since 2005”. From this I deduce that he has been a guest of Virginia for 2 years so his crime must have been somewhat serious. Yet he walks the streets of Smalltown and has enough money to buy cheesecake. My curiosity is burning me up and before long I am going to have to just ask him what he did to get such a sweet job and how do I apply.

No comments: